“Yes, I’ll have a mochafrappelappa with one pump of caramel. Extra foam and make it decaf, please.”
The Barista looks startled and confused, “Excuse me, what do you want?”
“A mochafrappelappa with one pump of caramel. Extra foam and make it decaf, please.”
“We don’t make those.”
“Ok, one small coffee.” Barista still looks confused. “Oh I am sorry, I meant one tall coffee.”
Do you ever feel that way when you go to your favorite coffee shop?
I have been feeling under the weather so I went to Starbucks and ordered a tall Caramel Brulee. I don’t where or what I picked up but my sinuses are so painful. My body is ache Even though my latte was full of fat and sugar, it was just what I needed to unwind on this Sunday afternoon. Nothing pairs better than a coffee and the Sunday paper.
I am very excited to announce my Winter Weight Loss Challenge. Don’t wait until New Years to make a weight-loss resolution. Make those healthy changes now! Are you tired of always failing? Have you had enough of? Then make that change now. You want a healthy, strong and toned body? Start now. Nothing is impossible.
Here are the rules:
1. 30 DAY CHALLENGE. Starting December 3rd and running until January 2nd. At the end if I feel people are really sticking to it I can continue the challenge for another 30 days. Make sure you LIKE my Facebook page because there is where you’ll find blog posts and updates on the challenge.
2. SET GOALS. Go on. Do it now. You should make weekly goals and your long term goal (what you hope to achieve at the end.). I HIGHLY recommend either signing up with an app or making a chart on excel. I am using the app called Lose It! I love this app. It makes losing weight very easy. When I signed up it asks you for your stats: age, height, sex, current weight and goal weight. Next it ask you how much weight you want to lose every week. 2 lbs sounded good but honestly I don’t think that’s a great idea. If you try too hard you’ll set yourself up for failure. Make small goals. I chose to lose 1 lb a week. Once you select that the app will compute how much calories you are able to take it. When you work out the calories will readjust. Here’s the greatest part about this app: it does all the work for you. You went to Chilis and a got the hamburger? Located on the app are grocery store and restaurants. It already has the nutritional content. Just press a button and voila, the app has now added the calories, fat, saturated fat etc for you. Can’t find a certain item? The app even has a scanner to scan the bar code. I am LOVING this app. Seeing what you have consumed in one day is such an eye opener. It really puts thing into perspective.
3. I will post weekly exercise challenges for you.
4. I will also post healthy recipes that are Healthy Girl Adventures approved. Right now because I am sick I won’t be eating much of anything other than soup and sandwiches. I really wanted to go Parkesdale and pick up my produce for the week so I can give you ideas on how and what to cook.
5. EAT NATURAL NON PROCESSED FOODS. Make it your goal to include fruits/veggies at every meal. Drink as much water as you can. My biggest down fall is chocolate. I LOVE chocolate. I’m addicted to the stuff. It’s not bad if you eat it in moderation but because Joe keeps our pantries stocked with cookies, chips and chocolate bars, makes it very hard to resist. I was in shock on my first day that I used my app. I consumed 80 grams of sugar alone! Seeing what you have consumed in one day is such an eye opener. It really puts thing into perspective. I feel it helps you make better choices. I even consumed about 3,000 grams of sodium. I was absolutely floored.
6. Control your portions. It’s hard to stop cold turkey. First wait for a full 15 minutes. Still craving? Then go for it. But just make eat a small portion and just adjust the rest of your day’s food intake.
7. CHECK IN with me on my Facebook page. Whether it be daily or once a week. Are you struggling or are you succeeding? Don’t be afraid to fess up if you mess up. Just get up and try again. The whole point of this challenge is to accountability partners to each other. We are here to motivate each other not bring each other down. Also feel free to contact me anytime if you have questions.
8 .MAKE A CALENDAR. You make time for other things such as doctors appointments, movie dates, hair cuts, why not exercise? Strive to be organized “pencil in” your weekly workouts. Ever weekend plan the next’s week work outs. Sign up with Google’s gmail and you will have access to a free online calendar.
9. Treat yourself. Did you reach your weekly goal? Go ahead and have a small slice of cake, buy a new outfit or see a new movie. Whatever it is give yourself incentive.
10. As always consult with a doctor before making any exercise or dietary changes. Disclaimer: I am not a doctor. I cannot give you health or legal advice. I am doing this challenge to give you motivation. Please use caution in any activities you partake in.
Your challenge for The Week of December 3rd – 9th
1. Aim for at least 2- 3 days of 30 minute cardio and 2 days of 30 minute strength. Reminder, we are starting slow. It’s better to set smaller goals that way you are apt to stick with it. Gather your old fitness magazine, YouTube or use pinterest to find strength workouts. Go to this Pinterest site for strength training ideas.
3. Make those goals and schedule your work outs. Do what works best for you. It doesn’t matter what time of day you choose as long as you choose.
4. Get your friends to join
5. Go to my Facebook or comment below on you goals. Lets start the motivation NOW.