So……….I have some HUGE news to share with you guys. I got a JOB! For those who read my last post and for those who know me personally, know I’ve searched with all my heart and soul for a job. It’s basically taken up my life; I stopped running and working out because I spent my afternoons trying to land a 9-5’er. But now that time has come. It’s such a fantastic office and once it’s official I’ll be sure to tell you more about it. All I can say that I couldn’t ask for a better place to work at.
This past weekend I went out and bought some new duds for the office. I can wear jeans to the office! I stocked up on some cute tops and a few pairs of cropped jeggings at Aeropostale (gotta love those BOGO sales). I liked the jeggings better than the jeans because they fit my short frame. I find it a little hilarious that the jeans fall slightly above the ankles on most normal sized girls. However, on me, they fit like a regular pair of jeans.
Now that everything is finally settling down I need to start burning some rubber. My last run was from last weekends post and Iron Girl is this Saturday. Sigh……I am so out of shape too. It’s ok, I guess I’ll just run as much as I can and not over do it. IF I have I to walk then I’ll walk. No PR for me at Iron Girl.
Ya’ll know that I love to travel and I love to run. I just discovered the PERFECT challenge that combines both of my passions (if it included animals it would be a triple grand slam). It’s called the Interstate Challenge.
The rules of the challenge:
- Take on the challenge by signing up online.
- The cost is $20. After 140 people sign up the cost increases to $25.
- Choose to run either a full or half marathon in two different states. You must complete the races through January 1, 2013 to December 31, 2013.
- They cannot be virtual races.
- Log your races here at digitalrunning.com. Your results will be verified with official race results.
- Once they verify the challenge was completed you will receive your bright, shiny and totally awesome MEDAL!
- Your name will be added to the WALL OF FAME!
- View the official rules here
Now the only hard part is picking the race. I really like this challenge because:
- You get to explore another state.
- You stay fit and healthy while on vacation
- Running a community race is different. It’s not some tacky tourist trap. It’s different. In fact that’s what I like the most- you will get to view the authentic, raw version of the neighborhood. You will soak it up like a real local.
One of my FAVORITE states is Tennessee. Joe and I travel to the Volunteer State every year for our annual fall vacation. After I finish this post I am going to Google upcoming races in Nashville.
So, now the question is…..ARE YOU UP FOR THE INTERSTATE CHALLENGE?